About the Law Office of Michael LaMagna
Our philosophy stems from the belief that our clients deserve personal attention, ethical treatment and exceptional representation.
Prepared to Represent You
Successful representation requires a thorough understanding of your legal needs and meticulous preparation. Beyond our academic credentials and legal experience, we invest in continuing legal education and training to ensure that our knowledge of New York, Connecticut and federal law is current and accurate.
Focused on Your Goals
Open attorney-client communication is the other ingredient of successful representation. To properly represent your interests, we spend the time to learn about your needs and goals. We also work to translate “legalese” into understandable terms so you are clear about your legal standing and options and can fully participate in the legal process. We partner with you to achieve your goals.
Bound by High Ethical Standards
Our firm adheres to a strict code of ethics, which guarantees your ethical treatment in all matters. Our commitment to developing lasting relationships with clients means gaining their trust through integrity in everything we do. We believe effective representation does not require ethical compromise, and we have a reputation for creative and aggressive representation to prove it.
Ready to Help
We are ready to put our expertise to work for you. Call or email to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation. We look forward to learning about you and representing your legal interests.
Michael LaMagna, LNHA, MPA, JD
Michael LaMagna proudly represents clients in both New York and Connecticut.
Michael LaMagna has experience in all phases of Health Care, Trusts and Estates, Probate, Guardianship and associated litigation in Connecticut and New York Supreme and Surrogate Courts.
Attorney LaMagna has counseled Health Care, Day Care and Large/Small Corporate organizations on matters involving: Compliance, Licensing, Contracts, Winding-Down, Structure, Board of Director issues and associated matters.
Attorney LaMagna has counseled individuals on: Trusts and Estates, Medicaid, Medicare, Elder Law, Disability, Social Security, Real Estate and Related Matters.
He is a Licensed Nursing Home Nursing Home Administrator in both New York and Connecticut for over 10 years and has Managed and/or consulted in more than twenty nursing homes.
Areas of Practice
- Health Care/Regulatory
- Elder Law/Medicaid
- Trusts and Estates (Last Will and Testament/Power of Attorney/Health Care Proxy/Trusts)
- Special Needs/Disability/Supplemental Needs Trusts
- Medicare/Social Security
- Real Estate Law
- New York
- Certified Veteran's Administration Attorney
- Clark University, Worcester Massachusetts, BA Biology
- Long Island University, Rockland, NY, Master's Degree in Public Administration /Health Care Administration
- Quinnipiac University, Hamden, Connecticut, Post- Graduate Degree in Long Term Care Management
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York, Juris Doctorate
- Guest Speaker on Sociology of Aging, Norwalk Community College, November 2011.
- Featured Speaker at Advance Health Care Seminar at Jacob Javits Center on Accountable Care Organizations, October 2011
- Seminar on Elder Law Update at St. Cabrini Nursing Home, October 2011
- Adjunct Professor at Long Island University, teaching both the Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration and Long Term Care Administration Classes
- Professional Associations, Memberships and Affiliations:
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- New York Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Elder Law Attorney's, Member
- American Health Care Lawyers, Member
- Accountable Care Organization Task Force, Member
- Friends of St. Aloysius School, Vice President
- Pace University Alumni Board, Member
- Westchester County Bar Association, Member
- Selected by the Westchester County Business Council 40 under 40, 2011.
- Writes a syndicated weekly column, "Hot Topics in Health Care", which is published in nine Westchester, New York newspapers
- Featured Writer for Advance Health Care Publications, "Politics of Health Care"